All across the world Investors in ONE ROQ write in to tell us how much they appreciate being part of the ONE ROQ family, and many have great things to share beyond appreciation.
One of many examples is Investor and author Joseph Lizyness, who sent in this contributed post this week for the ONE ROQ Reading Room for our Member’s digest. We found it insightful, earnest and educational. If you like these kearnals, be sure to check out his book, Angel Investing with $100, available on Amazon!
A Quick on ONE ROQ and my Future in a Glass
by Joseph Lizyness, ONE ROQ Investor, Member and Author of Angel Investing with $100
I’m not your traditional investor. I’m on the fringe. Always scanning. Always watching trends. But where I listen and how I listen is reflective of my generation; our methods and our value systems. I am not your traditional investor, and I submit to you that I believe no great investors are.
The Moment I Knew I was going to Invest in ONE ROQ
Here are three reasons why.
- First, I wanted to have a stake in a premium alcohol brand that I could share with family and friends. ONE ROQ is a great discussion starter with others. And the market is insanely large and sturdy; a 12 year plus positive YOY growth trend and a market defined by frequent, and very large brand acqusitions.
- Second, I wanted to offset my startup portfolio risk of tech startups with a brand that to me was a safer bet. While tech startups often go years without much progress in terms of revenue growth, a premium vodka brand would see physical product movement and due to the nature of the club, have thousands of voices championing its brand.
- Third, I believed in the CEO and founder being the right jockey for ONE ROQ. Garrett is the type of founder you bet on, the type that has vision and can execute, the rare breed. Garrett’s resume spoke volumes with his leadership in the National launch of the Elmhurst Milked brand and having started the #getfried brand and sold to MyFrii (Zorbility) Company in under 4 years after growing to 15 global locations.
ONE ROQ Touchpoints that resonate with me
ONE ROQ has been a great discussion starter when gifting bottles to family and friends. To this day, the first response I receive when others open the perfectly packed tube is that the ONE ROQ bottle is luxurious. Often, the remarks speak that the bottle is simply too beautiful to drink – which is why of course I have multiple unopened display bottles that decorate my home bar and a seperate stock below deck to keep the good times flowing.
The ONE ROQ website is incredibly clean and the process of ordering merchandise and bottles is easy, so I really can’t wait until the new marketplace is launched. I also think our flavors – and ability to make new ones – is a really cool experience. The community voted for Pineapple Peach to be the next flavor, but it could be Spring of 2023 for the release to go public. As I voted for Pineapple Peach, I am particularly excited about ordering and promoting this new label. Summer of 2023 is going to be a blast.
The community is something I have personally seen move mountains in both digital and traditional markets. GameStop is one such example where a community leveraged their power to move the stock. I am really hopeful about this community and their collective power. Members and their perspectives matter. Let’s listen and learn from one another, and we will move our own needles!
ONE ROQ is positioned for success through Offering III – with or without Recession.
I’m incredibly bullish on ONE ROQ and will be adding to my stakes from Offering I and II with the assumption that round III will be the round that takes us to critical mass. Speaking with Garrett Green (CEO), often by phone, I have adopted an appreciation – and patience – for the methodology of really skilled entreprenuers. ONE ROQ isn’t brazenly blowing its capital during a period of transformation (Covid and post Covid). Rather, it is waiting for the dust to settle to know every wall & obstacle of its environment. We also need to be sensative to global supply chain disruptions that have caused challenges across the consumer goods industry.
With technology built and processes of the Club throughy vetted, ONE ROQ’s plan is to deploy capital from Offering III into pure sales/market acquisition, and scale to either Merger & Acquisition (M&A) or a listing on public market (IPO). While nobody can say for certain, I believe exit candicacy will come within the next 12 to 18 months for ONE ROQ, provided its Offering is fully funded in a timely manner.In lamens terms, I believe Offering III will be the launchpad to send ONE ROQ to the moon. Here are my reasons.
- If you read “Data” in Part II of the Annual Review, it clearly shows the basis that all that needs to happen is for the company to have the financial ability to scale through advertising.
- While most public markets will continue to suffer, the alcohol industry is resilient with premium categories on fire.
- Brand awareness has continued to increase from past high-profile events such as the NFL Legends hosted last February in Los Angeles during the Super Bowl. Event sponsorship such as this will likely happen again in early 2023.
- There are natural plays in Web3 and NFTs a space. I’ve long had discussions with Garrett regarding the metaverse and we’ve discussed these topics. While not an immediate push, it’s likely that ONE ROQ will offer some form of NFT to the community at some point in the future. By leaning into the metaverse, ONE ROQ is poised to show how incredibly tech-savvy our brand is. Imagine ONE ROQ NFTs of charity and premium usability. The Charity based NFT would bring even further positive brand awareness and the premium NFTs granting VIP access to high profile events as example…ONE ROQ will always be a premium lifestyle brand, but there’s no reason why the physical world can’t meet the virtual to tap the new horizon.
About Joseph Lizyness
Joseph Lizyness is an Investor in ONE ROQ Spirits, Author of Angel Investing with $100, and a Monthly Subscriber to the ONE ROQ Club.
You can find Joseph’s book. Angel Investing with $100: Build Generational Wealth by Investing in Early Stage Start Ups and Turn $100 into $100,000 on Amazon.